Why Use It?
The positioning and spacing of rebar reinforcement cages is critical to the overall performance of a drilled shaft foundation. The CageCaster provides the spacing and support needed to centralize heavy reinforcing cages during the placement of the reinforcement and during concrete placement.
CageCasters can be attached with the same wire that is used to tie the assembled reinforcing steel cage. It is also available in a zincplated steel frame version if corrosion is a concern.
A heavy duty steel frame and solid HDPE wheel support spacer that is strong, durable and engineered to centralize heavy reinforcing steel cages within drilled shafts, battered drilled shafts as well as within the rock sockets. They are also used in applications where spiral reinforcing steel cages are used.
- Building Foundations
- Retaining Wall Foundations
- Street Light Foundations
- High Mast Foundations
- Transmission Line Foundations
- Sub-station Foundations
- Tower Foundations
- Slurry Walls
- Provides an excellent guide system for placement of fabricated rebar cages into drilled or excavated shafts.
- Is economical to use.
- Ensures fabricated rebar cages are properly positioned for concrete placement.
- Provides proper clearance between the bar reinforcement and the earthen walls of the excavation.
- Provides quality assurance of the sub-contractor’s performance for the contractor and owner.
- Provides quality assurance of the contractor’s performance for the engineer and owner.
- Has low labor requirements, resulting in project cost savings.
CAGECASTER PLACEMENT RECOMMENDATIONS
- Use one CageCaster per foot (or 304.8mm) of shaft diameter (minimum of four per tier).
- Maximum six (6) foot (or 1.83m) spacing from the top of the shaft.
- Maximum two (2) foot (or .61 m) spacing from the bottom of the shaft.
- Maximum eight (8) foot (or 2.44m) interval spacing along the longitudinal axis of the shaft.
Cagecasters can be attached with the same wire that is used to tie the assembled reinforcing steel cage.
|CC300HD||3.0"||n/a||Sold Individually||1.7 lbs ea|
|CC350HD||4.0"||n/a||Sold Individually||1.7 lbs ea|
|CC450HD||5.0"||n/a||Sold Individually||2.2 lbs ea|
|CC550HD||6.0"||n/a||Sold individually||2.2 lbs ea|
Reinforcement cage staged with Cagecasters attached for installation within battered shaft.
Cagecaster tied to horizontal reinforcement hoops