WHY USE IT?
In order to ensure fabricated rebar cages are properly positioned for concrete placement every time. The ShaftSpacer aligns and centers rebar cages within the drilled shaft — providing proper clearance between the rebar cage reinforcement and the interior side walls of the shaft or casing.
A guide and alignment system for lateral positioning of reinforcement cage within caissons, drilled shafts and other geotechnical construction applications.
- Bridge Foundations
- Building Foundations
- Retaining Wall Foundations
- Street Light Foundations
- High Mast Foundations
- Transmission Line Foundations
- Sub-station Foundations
- Tower Foundations
- Slurry Walls
- Saves time & money on site
- Easy to install
- Lightweight, yet strong, durable
- Engineered with the contractor in mind
- Made of high-density plastic, resistant to corrosion, and chemicals common to construction
- Excellent guide system for placement of fabricated rebar cages into drilled or excavated shafts • Economical with minimal installation costs
- Indefinite shelf-life and easily stored
- Ensures the bar reinforcement is properly spaced and aligned within the confines of the drilled shaft or excavation.
- Provides quality assurance of the sub-contractor’s performance for the contractor and owner.
- Provides quality assurance of the contractor’s performance for the engineer and owner.
- Installs quickly and easily, requiring only unskilled labor.
- Increases job profitability because skilled labor is released for more demanding tasks.
SHAFTSPACER MINIMUM PLACEMENT RECOMMENDATIONS
- Use one ShaftSpacer per foot (or 304.8mm) of shaft diameter (minimum of four per tier)
- Maximum six (6) foot (or 1.83m) spacing from the top of the shaft
- Maximum two (2) foot (or 0.61m) spacing from the bottom of the shaft
- Maximum eight (8) foot (or 2.44m) interval spacing along the longitudinal axis of the shaft
ShaftSpacers attached along large-diameter reinforcing cage
|SS303||1.5"||3"||#3 - #6||50||7 lbs|
|SS505||2.5"||5"||#3 - #6||50||16 lbs|
|SS406||3.0"||6"||#3 - #6||50||22 lbs|
|SS808||4.0"||8"||#3 - #7||25||20 lbs|
|SS612||6.0"||10.75"||#3 - #7||24||27 lbs*|
*When shipping UPS, use dimensional wt. of 43 lbs.
Installation of ShaftSpacer
Guiding rebar cage into drille dshaft with ShaftSpacers attached